|Following the example of Jesus Christ, we observe the Ten Commandments, including the seventh-day Sabbath, and also God’s Annual Holy Days as revealed in the Bible.
We work to fulfill Christ’s commission that His Church preach the gospel of His coming kingdom while He prepares a people for service in that kingdom.
Shirley & Bill
Married 60+ Years
We have formed into a tightly knit group in worship, fellowship, and breaking of bread together. Our deep desire is to provide a welcoming environment for visitors so that all present may share in this family bond through Christ Jesus.
Tim & Linda – Pastor & Wife
Once (rarely twice) a month we receive a webcast from a sister church in the region, but, otherwise, we have our services locally every week. And, unless something unusual intervenes, we always have a potluck meal after services are completed, people usually remaining to fellowship for hours afterward.
We do hope you will join us as we rely on the complete veracity of the Word of God to grow in grace and knowledge, and as we utilize the benefits of the Sabbath to develop in love and service toward others by the help of God’s Holy Spirit.
This section is intended to introduce individuals in the congregation. You will find the beginning of the interview here, but can click the “Read more…” link to see the full article in blogs. Members will be listed in alphabetical order by first name.
We would like to introduce you to Kathy, one of our photographers, bloggers, and nature watcher.
Interviewer: Kathy, tell us a little about yourself.
Kathy: I have five children and seven grandchildren. I work for Walmart Corporate and I am the wife of Greg Sanny.
Interviewer: What do you think is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life?
Kathy: I no longer judge God and the Bible by what men say or do. Just because others misrepresent Him, it does not change who He is and His purpose for mankind. He is still the same yesterday, today and forever.
Interviewer: What has been your biggest trial and how has God worked it out? Read more…
We would like to introduce you to our webmaster and media technician for the UCG-NWA website, Kelly.
Interviewer: Kelly, please tell me about your background.
Kelly: I am married and have two children. I am a horticulturalist; I raise flower bulbs and sell them on the internet. I received my AA degree in Theology in 1987; a BS in Horticulture in 1990; and an MS in Horticulture in 1999. I was raised in the Houston Metropolitan Area and graduated from Dulles Senior High with a class of 917 students.
Interviewer: What are your favorite hobbies?
Kelly: Gardening, fishing and numismatics come to mind most speedily.
Interviewer: What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life? Read more…
Being introduced is Mary Jo Jackson, a member of UCG-NWA who is one of our transcribers, a blogger and unofficial activity planner.
Interviewer: Tell us something about yourself, Mary Jo.
Mary Jo: I have three children, six grandchildren, and two great grandchildren. I have done many types of work, from staying at home with my children and raising two of my grandchildren, to helping run a small counter top business with my husband (now deceased), to cleaning offices and houses, to helping the elderly and disabled in their homes, to being a substitute teacher. There were times when I was young that I was a waitress, also.
Interviewer: What do you think has been the most important lesson you’ve learned in life? Read more…
A Church led by God’s Holy Spirit, joined and knit together by what every member supplies, with all doing their share and growing in love to fulfill God’s great purpose for humanity to bring many children to glory (Ephesians 4:16; Hebrews 2:10).
The mission of the United Church of God, an International Association, is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God in all the world, make disciples in all nations and care for those disciples.
We believe our Father has called us into a relationship with Him and one another through Jesus Christ. We believe the immutable Word of God shows how to build loving relationships (1 John 1:3) and to become more like Jesus Christ.
- Therefore we will strive to live by every Word of God, led by His Holy Spirit in humility, enabling these relationships to grow and flourish.
We believe God the Father, through Jesus Christ, is building His Church, which is built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, and we, also, as living stones are being built into a spiritual house (Matthew 16:18, 1 Corinthians 3:9, 1 Peter 2:5).
- Therefore as members of the household of God, we grow together into a holy temple for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit (Ephesians 2:19-22).
We believe God’s plan of salvation includes every individual who yields to Him and Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:4). His plan includes the calling and perfecting of those who are being converted now as well as those to be converted in the ages to come.
- Therefore it is the duty of the Church to proclaim a message of hope and a call to repentance, to observe all things Christ has commanded, and to prepare members of the Body of Christ for service.
We believe all humanity will ultimately have the opportunity to learn of Jesus Christ’s life, death and resurrection and the good news of the Kingdom of God. We believe the gospel provides every individual an opportunity to become part of God’s family (Acts 10:34-35).
- Therefore, in order to maximize the effectiveness of the gospel message, we endeavor to reach all people in a way they can understand with a balanced mix of doctrine, prophecy and Christian living—recognizing that any lasting fruit is produced by the power of God’s Holy Spirit.
We believe humanity is in urgent need of the gospel message in advance of the events surrounding Christ’s return. We believe Jesus commissioned His Church to declare what is to come, to warn of the consequences of sin, to preach repentance and to proclaim the hope of eternal salvation (Matthew 24:13-14, Matthew 24:21; Matthew 28:18-20).
- Therefore, we take very seriously the Church’s responsibility to boldly preach the gospel to this world with zeal and a sense of urgency (John 9:4).
We believe building meaningful, godly relationships is taught in Scripture. Therefore we must:
- Become one in God and Christ through the Holy Spirit.
- Love God and keep His commandments.
- Love one another as Christ loves us.
- Teach and live Christ-like service.
- Speak the truth openly in godly love.
- Foster godly relationships among all.
- Be a ministry of reconciliation.
We believe we are to strive to attain the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, to develop leadership for the Church and to prepare a people for works of service. Therefore we must:
- Provide in-depth biblical teaching.
- Answer the great questions of life—does God exist, who is God, what is God, what is His purpose, who is man, what is man, what is our purpose, and what is our relationship with God?
- Develop training and educational programs for ministry, members and youth.
- Provide the necessary facilities for our local congregations, and for training and education purposes.
- Implement the best training and education programs.
We believe Christ commissions us to preach the gospel in all the world. Therefore we must:
- Energize the entire Church in fulfilling its mission to preach the gospel.
- Motivate members to be like Christ and be lights in the world.
- Use the most appropriate methods to reach various audiences.
- Use the most effective media technology to deliver a relevant, inspiring, transforming message to the world.
- Speak the truth openly in godly love.
- Use media to engage with our audience.
- Apply the principles of the Media Guiding Principles.